1. Inform yourself so that you can inform other people. Be sure to check out the EVENTS CALENDAR HERE.
· Send e-mails to your friends and families.
· Copy articles that are sent to you that provide information on current events.
· Educate friends and family about what the Progressives are all about. This is just another word for Socialist/Marxists. Tell friends and family about our website (and others).
2. Verify, Verify, Verify. Too often well intentioned people pass along erroneous information and articles, because it sounds good and they want to believe it. Nothing hurts our credibility more than receiving bogus information which is touted as true. Here are some web sites to help verify info:
· FactCheck.org – powered by the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, this site is nonpartisan, nonprofit, and aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. It accepts no funding from corporations, unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals.
· Politifact.com – has a neat “Truth-O-Meter” so you can see at a glance what’s up with the candidate’s claims. Content is nicely organized with tabs like “Chain E-Mails,” “Flip-O-Meter,” (shows candidates position flipping), and “Attack File,” which reviews candidate’s attacks and discusses their legitimacy or not. It is run by the St. Petersburg Times and Congressional Quarterly to help determine the truth of the respective presidential campaigns.
· Snopes.com – a site devoted to dispelling urban legends that also runs a good bit of political fact checking.
3. Become an activist. DO SOMETHING EVERYDAY!
· Talk to your friends and family, get involved in a dialog and explain what is happening in America. Remember, the basic (FALSE) premise of this administration is: if they SPEND enough, they will eventually get us (all) out of debt!
4. Make sure you are registered to vote. Make sure you vote, your vote is important. Every vote counts. If you do not vote, someone else is deciding your fate for you. Primaries are important, do not skip those. Learn about the candidates and chose Conservatives who are going to uphold your values. Get your family and friends to register to vote if they are not registered. Every single conservative American needs to vote in the primaries and in November in order to neutralize the efforts of the left.
5. Seek political office and/or encourage and assist others to seek office.
6. Join and attend Tea Parties (or similar groups) rallies and events.
You will meet people who share your values and you can learn more about the issues. The number of people in attendance at these events sends a message to our elected officials that we are strong and united and that we will vote them out if they continue to ignore our message.
7. Maintain and grow Email lists
8. Send messages to your Congressmen and Senators.
· If you do not agree with an issue – or, if you do – make sure you let them know.
· Fax or phone legislators (NOTE: A fax seems to be the best, direct method to assure you’re message is being heard!)
9. Send letters to the editors of your local newspapers. If you do not agree with an issue, let everyone know using letters to the editor. This makes the reader take notice of the issue and if they agree, they will feel that they are not alone. Also, will awaken those that do not understand what is happening in America.
10. “It’s the HONESTY” We must demand honesty from those that ask us for our vote. It is better to be right than popular.
11. Believe in something/someone greater than yourself, i.e., child, parent, spouse, religion, country, etc. That will give you something – in addition to yourself – for which to fight!
From our friends at Bear Witness:
“If you think that this takes too much time from your busy schedule, think twice. You may not be busy anymore if all the Socialistic changes to be implemented in America are allowed to take place. We, the People, must defend our Nation, no one else will do it for us.
Most conservatives support the Tea Party Movement, but not all are conservative activists. The outcome of the unprecedented political battle now being waged will determine whether the greatest free enterprise system the world has ever known will be brought to its knees from within by the false promises of socialism. The economic freedom and personal liberties of future generations ride on how intensely each of us is willing to fight for the time-honored conservative principles that are the very foundation of America’s unparalleled prosperity. So, if you’re going to fight to preserve the great country you’ve known, Fight Fiercely!”